Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2020

I had a nervous breakdown 2 years ago and my ability to be creative was a godsend. It helped to quieten my irrational and fear based thoughts that were produced by my mental illness. Drawing, colouring and general craft became a go to tool to aid my recovery.

I will slowly add my line art to the blog for free. No strings attached.
I hope a little personal time, colouring will help to relieve stress and pressure in your daily life, even if it is only for a short while. Sadly I can't promise colouring will cure mental health (I wish!) but it sure does help. 


Enjoy, 
B :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful image and sentiment set Beneficial - and for also sharing how much art can assist in mental wellness.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to had my 3rd breakdown 9yrs ago and not been right since with health problems along the way, crafting has played a big part in helping me cope or if bad sit and colour.
    Thank you for sharing your work and opening up as the more people talk about mental health hopefully more understanding, huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless you Julie and that's why I am sharing my experience with mental health because it is still so misunderstood. Thank you so much for sharing too. I really appreciate it as I know it's not easy to be open on the net.
      Much love
      Barbara

      Delete